Intoxicating Liquors FAQ 11

May the same person hold a "Class A" liquor license and a Class "B" beer or "Class B" liquor license for the same premises?

No, unless the licenses are granted to a hotel. A person may not obtain both a “Class A” liquor and a Class “B” beer, “Class B” liquor or “Class C” wine license for the same or connecting premises unless the operation qualifies as a hotel. Except for hotels, if either type of license or permit is issued for the same or connecting premises already covered by the other type of license or permit, the license or permit last issued is void. If both licenses or permits are issued simultaneously, both are void. See Wis. Stat. §§ 125.51(8); 125.02(7). (rev. 6/20)