There are numerous firms and organizations in Wisconsin who work with municipalities. Our spreadsheet includes organizations who have indicated to us that they are willing to provide grant services.
Grants Assistance Spreadsheet (Updated 12/16/2021) The spreadsheet will download to your computer.
Local Government Education at University of Wisconsin Madison
- Dam Removal Grant Program (DNR) - Applications are accepted on a continual basis.
- Recreational Boating Facilities Grant (DNR) - Annual application deadlines are: June 1, Sept. 1, Nov. 1 and Feb. 1
- Urban Forestry Catastrophic Storm Grants (DNR) - No later than 60 days after the date of the Governor’s declaration of emergency.
- Pilot Projects Program Adaptive Management, water quality trading & other projects for compliance with WPDES permit (DNR)
- Ready for Reuse Loan and Grant Program Hazardous Substance and Petroleum (DNR)
- Clean Water & Safe Drinking Water Loan Program - E-Bulletin.
Other State/Federal Grants
- We're All In - COVID-19 Relief Funding Opportunities (DOA)
- Community Facilities Direct Loans and Grants (USDA)
- Water and Waste Disposal Loans and Grants (USDA)
- Economic Development Assistance Programs (EDA)
- Federal Clean Vessel Act Grant Program (Federal Sport Fish Restoration Account of the Aquatic Resources Trust Fund)
- Ready, Set, Go Grants (Department of Tourism) - Applications must be submitted at least 90 days before start date of event.
- Joint Effort Marketing (JEM) Grant Program (Department of Tourism)
- Tourist Information Center (TIC) Grant Program (Department of Tourism) - Applications are due by January 1 for eligible expenses already incurred between July 1 and December 31 of the previous calendar year.
- Freight Railroad Infrastructure Improvement Program (FRIIP) (DOT)
- Local Road Improvement Program (DOT)
- Transportation Alternatives Program (DOT)
- Transportation Economic Assistance (TEA) (DOT)
- Indian Community Development Block Grant (US Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- Public Assistance: Local, State, Tribal, and Private Non-Profit (FEMA)
- Wisconsin Assessment Monies (WAM)
- Brownfield Redevelopment Grant Program (WEDC)
- Brownfield Site Assessment Grant Program (WEDC) (SAG)
- Community Development Investment Grant Program (CDIG) – (WEDC)
- Idle Industrial Sites Redevelopment Program (WEDC)
- Main Street Program Information (WEDC)
- Connect Communities Program Information (WEDC)
- Wisconsin Disaster Fund (WEM)
•Federal Grants – Grants.Gov - https://www.grants.gov/
•State of Wisconsin Grants – DOA - https://doa.wi.gov/Pages/home.aspx
•The Foundation Center, https://fconline.foundationcenter.org/
•Research Libraries - Funding Information Network locations, https://researchguides.library.wisc.edu/wisconsin
•Madison Community Foundation, https://www.madisongives.org/nonprofits/recent-grants
•The Community Tool Box, https://ctb.ku.edu/e
•The Wisconsin Philanthropy Network, https://wiphilanthropy.org/
•Council on Foundations, https://www.cof.org/
•Chronicle of Philanthropy, https://www.philanthropy.com/
•Inside Philanthropy, https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/
•PND by Candid, http://www.philanthropynewsdigest.org/
•Local Government Center, https://lgc.uwex.edu/
Thanks to the Daniel Foth, Local Government Education Specialist at Local Government Education for this list.